This inspection is used to evaluate your property for key features that have been proven to cause less damage during a hurricane or any storm with high winds. These features are
- Concrete block construction
- Hip Roof
- If your homes roof is a gable make sure the Gable ends are braced properly.
- The presence of a roof to wall connection (single wrap, double wrap, clips or toes nails)
- Secondary water resistance barrier.
- Shutters that are Miami Dade County approved or FBC Equivalent
The state mandates the insurance companies to lower their rates for homes that exhibit one or all of the features mentioned above. Having the right inspector checking your home for these discounts can save you anywhere from 20%-75% on yo